List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8298240: Replace the usage of ImageLayoutException by the CMMException [v2]
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <serb () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2022-12-30 7:22:21

> ImageLayoutException is used to report any issues with image layout calculation. \
> But since we cannot throw the unspecified exception to the application, all usages \
> of ImageLayoutException are wrapped by the CMMException. And now if such \
> CMMException occurs we have lost at what point the initial exception was raised.
> We can pass some additional data around, but it looks like we can just delete the \
> ImageLayoutException and use CMMException instead.
> Additionally:
> * The `public` keyword is removed in a few places if not needed.
> * The PT_XX flags are updated to make it clearly visible how they are related.

Sergey Bylokhov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or \
a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the \
merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the last \
revision:

 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into delete_imagelayout
 - Simplify rge PT_XXX and replace public
 - delete ImageLayoutException

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11552/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11552/files/146b1c36..4ce75894

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=11552&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=11552&range=00-01

  Stats: 76972 lines in 1730 files changed: 43211 ins; 24519 del; 9242 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/11552/head:pull/11552

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11552