List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8297296: java/awt/Mouse/EnterExitEvents/DragWindowTest.java fails with "No MouseReleased ev
From:       Jayathirth D V <jdv () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2022-11-30 8:41:18

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 23:10:56 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Test was run on mac, windows, linux 50 times and passed after change
> Before fix, test fails about once every 50 runs on linux and windows platforms

This test was de-problemlisted recently under \
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8023562 after running test 100 times in CI. And \
now with increased auto delay we are trying de-problemlist it again.

With increased auto delay test is passing in our CI on all platforms when ran for 100 \
times, but we need to refine this test as mentioned by @prsadhuk to add needed delay \
at appropriate places and remove mixture of lightweight & heavyweight parts.

test/jdk/java/awt/Mouse/EnterExitEvents/DragWindowTest.java line 84:

> 82:
> 83:         if (dragWindowMouseEnteredCount != 1) {
> 84: //            System.out.println("dragWindowMouseEnteredCount " + \
> dragWindowMouseEnteredCount);

We should remove this line or uncomment it(if needed as debug info for future \
failures)