List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    equals inconsistent with hashCode in AffineTransform
From:       Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux () geomatys ! com>
Date:       2022-07-25 12:04:32

Hello

I'm not sure if the pull request below has been noticed, since I have
not seen evaluation. This is about the equals(Object) method being
inconsistent with hashCode() in the AffineTransform class. This bug
prevents the use of AffineTransform as keys in HashMap, unless
AffineTransform construction is well-controlled or some workaround is
applied before any use as key.

There is 2 different ways to fix this bug. The one proposed in current
pull request tries to minimize the behavioral change compared to current
implementation.

https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/9121

         Martin