List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8285730: unify _WIN32_WINNT settings
From:       Matthias Baesken <mbaesken () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2022-04-29 7:05:40

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:09:35 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes@openjdk.org> wrote:

> That only seems to be half of the issue though. If we are defining \
> _WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 because the minimum required OS API support level is Windows 7, \
> then don't we need a check that the build platform is also at least Windows 7?

Hi David,  on older OS than Windows 7 we wouldn't be able to build OJDK anyway \
currently. Our oldest VS we still support (see toolchain_microsoft.m4) is VS2017.   \
VS2017 has the following system requirements  \
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2017/vs2017-system-requirements-vs
 see supported OS ,  there the oldest supported OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 and \
Windows 7 SP1. So on older than Win7 we would not even have a compiler anymore that \
passes configure.