List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8283794: CCE in XRTextRenderer.drawGlyphList and XRMaskFill.MaskFill
From:       Alexey Ushakov <avu () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2022-03-30 20:04:33

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:54:16 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Since this is the third cast-related issue then probably it will be useful to \
> create a method to convert the `surfaceData `to the (XRSurfaceData) and throw \
> `InvalidPipeException `if needed? We have many other places where we use the same \
> casts.

Yes, agree. Also, I think we need to update similar cases in MTLRenderer, \
MTLMaskFill, OGLMaskFill, OGLRenderer, XRPMBlitLoops, D3DMaskFill, D3DRenderer, \
GDIRenderer.

The conversion can be done using generics in SurfaceData:
SurfaceData.convertTo(XRSurfaceData.class, sg2d.surfaceData);

or by providing separate conversion methods for each  SurfaceData subclass
XRSurfaceData x11sd = XRSurfaceData.toXRSurfaceData(sData);