List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re[2]: RFR: 8015854: [macosx] JButton's HTML ImageView adding unwanted padding
From:       "Jeremy Wood" <mickleness () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-02-28 23:25:29

Damon:

Sorry for joining this chat late. Is the core problem here that Swing is
positioning graphic elements incorrectly -- and those bad positions are
platform-independent?

If so: this might be a good candidate for me to try to rewrite a test to
avoid the Robot class. I have a Graphics2D implementation
<https://github.com/mickleness/pumpernickel/blob/master/src/main/java/com/pump/graphics/vector/VectorGraphics2D.java> \
 that catalogs rendering operations. If just the act of reviewing those
catalogued instructions can detect the underlying problem: this might be
a simpler/faster alternative. (I'm assuming tests written using the
Robot class are more expensive to run and more brittle.)

Does this sound like something that might benefit this test case? (I can
have a look at it in a few days.)

Regards,
  - Jeremy