List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 6911375: mouseWheel has no effect without vertical scrollbar [v2]
From:       Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2022-02-28 8:05:52

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:00:59 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional \
> > commit since the last revision:
> > Fix test comments
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JScrollPane/TestMouseWheelScroll.java line 80:
>
> > 78:                     \
> >                 scrollPane.setVerticalScrollBarPolicy(JScrollPane.VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR_NEVER);
> >
> > 79:                     frame.add(scrollPane);
> > 80:                     frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
>
> Suggestion:
>
> frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE);
>
> It's safer for tests.

This testcase was failing on macos which needs to be debugged, so it is excluded in \
mac for now. But as I told in description, the fix is not affecting other regression \
test in macos. It's working on other platforms and I have some issue in my local mac \
system so I will take this debugging of macos once I sort my system.

Regarding your other question, the orientation will be horizontal. Tested against \
javax/swing/JScrollPane/HorizontalMouseWheelOnShiftPressed/HorizontalMouseWheelOnShiftPressed.java