List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed:
From:       Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-11-30 20:50:09

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:31:24 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This change updates the serialized objects used by \
> `java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java` using a similar \
> approach to the previous fix in \
> [JDK-8039082](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039082).

I couldn't find the review either.

I regenerated it by following the instructions to compile and run the test class as a \
standalone tool on `x86_64 GNU/Linux`, which updated all of the existing files. I \
verified it fixes the test on that platform, I don't have a great way to test it on \
the other platforms right now.

* https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/5a4a9bb9d55134deac0e02cf37f31d1dd2223024/test/jdk/java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java#L64-L65

* https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/5a4a9bb9d55134deac0e02cf37f31d1dd2223024/test/jdk/java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java#L95-L96

I started investigating this when I thought it was related to \
[JDK-8271623](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8271623), if anyone wants to \
take this over (especially now that it's problem-listed) please feel free :)