List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8190264: JScrollBar ignores its border when using macOS Mac OS X Aqua look and feel [v4]
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <serb () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-11-24 6:11:07

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 21:36:57 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > test/jdk/java/awt/Scrollbar/AquaLFScrollbarTest/ScrollBarBorderTest.java line \
> > 114:
> > > 112:                 = "\nINSTRUCTIONS:\n"
> > > 113:                 + "\n   Try to drag the thumb of the scrollbar into the \
> > >                 red zone."
> > > 114:                 + "\n   If the thumb is able to go into the red zone, \
> > > click fail."
> >
> > If you place the thumb to the red zone by the code, will it be possible to check \
> > that by pixel color?
>
> Just updated the automation. I added a robot to try to move the thumb into the red \
> zone, then had the robot click again to see if the thumb is under the cursor. If \
> the behavior is correct, the thumb should have stopped before entering the red zone \
> and scrollbar mouseListener should only detect 1 click. Otherwise it will detect 2 \
> clicks (thumb is under cursor) and test fails. Is my logic correct?

But it is not necessary to use the robot at all? Can you try to set the scollbar \
thumb position/move it programmatically w/o a robot? If it is possible then it will \
be rendered on top of the red area -> it will be possible to render it to the \
buffered image and just check the pixel in the right position(is it red or not).