List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8274597: [TESTBUG] Two of the dnd tests times out and fails
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <serb () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-09-30 20:21:35

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 14:24:50 GMT, Manukumar V S <mvs@openjdk.org> wrote:

> These two dnd tests fails most of the time with a time out, mostly noticed in \
> windows 11 machines. 1. \
> java/awt/dnd/AcceptDropMultipleTimes/AcceptDropMultipleTimes.java 2. \
> java/awt/dnd/DropTargetEnterExitTest/MissedDragExitTest.java
> Fix:
> From the logs, I have noticed that some of the non-daemon threads are still waiting \
> even after the test execution is complete. So it could be possible that java is \
> waiting for these threads to be finished execution before the main thread exits. As \
> a fix for this, I have put a Thread.sleep(100) at the end of the main() in order to \
> enable other non-daemon threads get a chance to finish their execution before the \
> main thread completes.

Looks like the hang occurs in some of the hook executed at the "exit" step. DId you \
check which ShutdownHook is executed and hang? Is it possible it is some of the AWT \
toolkit related?

	at java.lang.Object.wait(java.base@11.0.14-ea/Native Method)
	- waiting on <0x00000000ff504d78> (a java.lang.Thread)
	at java.lang.Thread.join(java.base@11.0.14-ea/Thread.java:1305)
	- waiting to re-lock in wait() <0x00000000ff504d78> (a java.lang.Thread)
	at java.lang.Thread.join(java.base@11.0.14-ea/Thread.java:1379)
	at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.runHooks(java.base@11.0.14-ea/ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:107)
  at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks$1.run(java.base@11.0.14-ea/ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:46)