List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8267184: Add -Djava.security.manager=allow to tests calling System.setSecu
From:       Weijun Wang <weijun () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-05-24 14:05:08

> Please review the test changes for [JEP 411](https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411).
>
> With JEP 411 and the default value of `-Djava.security.manager` becoming \
> `disallow`, tests calling `System.setSecurityManager()`  need \
> `-Djava.security.manager=allow` when launched. This PR covers such changes for \
> tier1 to tier3 (except for the JCK tests).
> To make it easier to focus your review on the tests in your area, this PR is \
> divided into multiple commits for different areas (~~serviceability~~, \
> ~~hotspot-compiler~~, ~~i18n~~, ~~rmi~~, ~~javadoc~~, swing, 2d, ~~security~~, \
> ~~hotspot-runtime~~, ~~nio~~, ~~xml~~, ~~beans~~, ~~core-libs~~, ~~net~~, \
> ~~compiler~~, ~~hotspot-gc~~). Mostly the rule is the same as how Skara adds \
> labels, but there are several small tweaks:
> 1. When a file is covered by multiple labels, only one is chosen. I make my best to \
> avoid putting too many tests into `core-libs`. If a file is covered by `core-libs` \
> and another label, I categorized it into the other label. 2. If a file is in \
> `core-libs` but contains `/xml/` in its name, it's in the `xml` commit. 3. If a \
> file is in `core-libs` but contains `/rmi/` in its name, it's in the `rmi` commit. \
> 4. One file not covered by any label -- \
> `test/jdk/com/sun/java/accessibility/util/8051626/Bug8051626.java` -- is in the \
> `swing` commit.
> Due to the size of this PR, no attempt is made to update copyright years for all \
> files to minimize unnecessary merge conflict.
> Please note that this PR can be integrated before the source changes for JEP 411, \
> as the possible values of this system property was already defined long time ago in \
> JDK 9.
> Most of the change in this PR is a simple adding of `-Djava.security.manager=allow` \
> to the `@run main/othervm` line. Sometimes it was not `othervm` and we add one. \
> Sometimes there's no `@run` at all and we add the line.
> There are several tests that launch another Java process that needs to call the \
> `System.setSecurityManager()` method, and the system property is added to \
> `ProcessBuilder`, `ProcessTools`, or the java command line (if the test is a shell \
> test).
> 3 langtools tests are added into problem list due to \
> [JDK-8265611](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8265611).
> 2 SQL tests are moved because they need different options on the `@run` line but \
> they are inside a directory that has a `TEST.properties`:
> rename test/jdk/java/sql/{testng/test/sql/othervm => \
> permissionTests}/DriverManagerPermissionsTests.java (93%) rename \
> test/jdk/javax/sql/{testng/test/rowset/spi => \
> permissionTests}/SyncFactoryPermissionsTests.java (95%) ```
>
> The source change for JEP 411 is at https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/4073.

Weijun Wang has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a \
rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the \
merge/rebase. The pull request contains 20 additional commits since the last \
revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' into 8267184
 - feedback from Phil

   reverted:
 - adjust order of VM options
 - test for awt
 - test for hotspot-gc
 - test for compiler
 - test for net
 - test for core-libs
 - test for beans
 - test for xml
 - ... and 10 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/37f74de7...412264a0

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4071/files/9a3ec578..412264a0

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4071&range=03
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4071&range=02-03

  Stats: 12227 lines in 453 files changed: 6978 ins; 3721 del; 1528 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4071/head:pull/4071