List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Making the OpenGL-Queue-Flusher work concurrently with AWT threads possible? (.
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <Sergey.Bylokhov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2021-01-18 22:52:28

On 18.01.2021 04:41, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> So sure, for GPU limited cases this won't help a lot - however, typical java2d is \
> usually CPU limited with tons of very small primitives and many state changes in \
> between.

It does not affect so much the xrender which do the same CPU related steps, but this \
speeds up so !much! OGL if executed in parallel. I think the benchmark is cheating \
here, it does not call XSync nor glflush for each operation, so it just checks the \
speed of pushing the data to the buffer, and not measured the actual rendering for \
both pipelines, unlike the software-based rendering.

--
Best regards, Sergey.