List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8254024: Enhance native libs for AWT and Swing to work with GraalVM Native
From:       Vojin Jovanovic <github.com+352820+vjovanov () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-12-16 14:30:57

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:20:16 GMT, Bob Vandette <bobv@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Andrii Rodionov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a \
> > merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains one commit:
> > 8254024: Enhance native libs for AWT and Swing to work with GraalVM Native Image
>
> I'm ok with these changes.  They are no worse than the other STATIC_BUILD changes \
> that already exist in the JDK sources.

@prrace I agree with you that our intrusion is a large maintenance overhead and that \
it can lead to potential errors. It is worth mentioning two things that could make \
you feel less scared:  1) Much of this is code temporary: the code is here until we \
find a proper way to integrate this information into the JDK itself, without \
incurring a noticeable maintenance overhead for the JDK maintainers. 2) We test all \
our code intensively with all the tests provided by the JDK assuring that on every \
release we pass the same tests that the JDK is passing.