List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8211999: Window positioning bugs due to overlapping GraphicsDevice bounds
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <serb () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-10-29 23:41:46

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:55:36 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kizune@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > @prrace Can you review this?
>
> I'm trying to test these changes but i have weird problems with mouse event \
> coordinate translation. For example - i have two displays side by side with some \
> vertical shift and with different scale factor. After this fix if the window spans \
> across multiple monitors when i move cursor over the part on the secondary monitor \
> related to the main window position mouse events got sent to the wrong component. \
> Look at the attached image - by the position of the tooltip you can see that the \
> mouse is hovering over the menu bar area - namely over "Options" menu, yet the \
> tooltip is from the JProgressBar demo and if you look at the toolbar you will see \
> JProgressBar demo button highlighted as if mouse is on top of it. And if i click \
> instead of selecting the menu the button got pressed. Not sure why it happens but \
>                 seems like it was not happened before the fix.
> ![events](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/69642324/97612555-cf808680-19d4-11eb-9707-9eeb22b196d0.PNG)

You found this bug https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8249164 the case when the \
window is split across two screens with different DPI are not properly supported \
before and after the fix, in both cases, there are values which break it. But I need \
to confirm that, please provide exact display resolution/java pipeline/and scales. \
BTW this is the case why thr JUMP TO machinery was added to the "awt_Window.cpp"