List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Printing to Postscript doesn't support dieresis
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <Sergey.Bylokhov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-08-12 4:07:08

Hi, Mario, Phil.

I would like to clarify how the test is intended to work on windows and macOS.

This fix changed encoding used in the FcFontConfiguration from UTF_8 to ISO_8859_1.
The test also expected the text in the ISO_8859_1 encoding.

Is it expected that the postscript file will be created using ISO_8859_1 on macOS and \
windows as well, and not depends from the default system locale? or the test should \
set the default encoding to ISO_8859_1, something like this: \
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8135174/webrev.00/test/jdk/javax/print/PrintSEUmlauts/PrintSEUmlauts.java.sdiff.html

--
Best regards, Sergey.