List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8251123 doclint warnings about missing javadoc tags and comments
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <Sergey.Bylokhov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-08-09 10:16:09

Hello.
Please review the fix for jdk/client.

Fix: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8251123/webrev.01

We have a number of missing javadoc tags and comments in the desktop module.
Most of the missing comments are related to the serialized form.

The fix:
  - Adds missing comments to the non-static/non-transient fields(even private) of the \
                "serializable" classes
  - Adds comments to the "serializable" classes even if those classes are non-public
  - Fixes references/adds missing tags to the special methods(like \
readObject/writeObject)

Also, I made additional changes:
  - In one class to suppress the warning I have made two constants static:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8251123/webrev.01/src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/ContainerOrderFocusTraversalPolicy.java.sdiff.html

  - Adds @Deprecated(forRemoval = true) to the PeerFixer class:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8251123/webrev.01/src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/ScrollPane.java.sdiff.html
  I think we should delete this class, so to not missing this in future I added
    this tag, or could I delete them right now?

I also would like to clarify the status of unused fields, like:
src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/CheckboxMenuItem.java:433: warning: no \
comment  private int checkboxMenuItemSerializedDataVersion = 1;
Could I add "@Deprecated(forRemoval = true)" to them as well, or could I delete them \
right now?

Note that in some cases I added the comments to the "implementation details", so I \
did not specify it fully.

--
Best regards, Sergey.