List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] JDK-8210707: Some line shaped characters are not displayed without Anti Aliasin
From:       Philip Race <philip.race () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-09-14 2:00:08

Hi,

So I believe we have concluded this is a core freetype problem since it
manifests
with multiple fonts even outside the JDK.
In which case I don't know why you are posting this here. Whilst I
sympathise with the problem,
the right place to discuss it is on the freetype list, or submit a
support ticket to RedHat.
So long as JDK defers to the platform installed rasteriser there is
nothing we can do.
Even if I investigated and fixed it (which I am not going to) in
freetype, that does nothing
to get it into a RH patch update.

The response you got from freetype devs is disappointing but it doesn't
change that this
is the wrong place.

It makes no more sense to discuss it here, than if you found a compiler
bug in Visual Studio
to report it to build-dev .. you might as well report it to thousands of
other products that
compile for windows using VS C++.

-phil.