List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: Bug Pending: Build fails to compile jchuff.c
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-01-24 1:59:20

Hi Adam,

The wiki:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Build/Supported+Build+Platforms

should have been updated for 10, and I expect it will be updated for 11
as we are looking to update all of the "official" tool chains. Given the
official gcc version for 9 was already 4.9.2 I don't think it necessary
to support 4.8.5 in 10 or 11. Given the new update model it is unclear
to me whether it makes sense to make this change in the 9u forest, but
at most I think this should only be in 8u and 9u.

Thanks,
David