List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Marlin vs OpenPisces
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-10-13 21:06:02

Most of the pre-open-source changes are superseded by a single commit with the \
synopsis "Incorporate the latest pisces  improvements from OpenJDK" and the \
associated bug (which is marked confidential because this code was not open-sourced  \
at that time) says "Hey, Denis Lila did a whole lot of work on OpenPisces, we should \
integrate that into our Pisces!",  so I think most of the work prior to the bugs I \
point out below was already visible in the version of Pisces that you  started from \
in OpenJDK.

The only bug fixing that seemed to occur after those "update from JDK" changesets was \
to fix "leaks", but the associated  bug was more about transient garbage than true \
leaks and most of it was dealt with by reusing renderers and alpha  arrays, but \
you've already dug through that in your early Marlin->FX investigations.

So, I think the below list is reasonably comprehensive...

			...jim