List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: JDK-8160294: Some client libraries cannot be bult with GCC 6
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-06-27 23:16:09

I agree, it looks more like an overflow error, but the new code is technically more \
correct so this is more of a comment  on their error reporting than on the resulting \
fix.  If you ignore the "Werror=" part of the comment, it is true that  val overflows \
a signed int on the 127th iteration, which means they've done some sort of deep dive \
on analyzing the  activity of the loop.  Perhaps "aggressive-loop-optimizion" is more \
of a comment on the fact that they aggressively  computed what the loop was doing in \
all 256 iterations when they discovered the overflow?

In any case, the AlphaMath fix looks fine...

			...jim