List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR 8149558: [TEST] add regression test for JDK-8150154
From:       Alexander Stepanov <alexander.v.stepanov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-02-26 15:54:46

 > Should we also test bmp and jpg?

couldn't use writer for these formats "as is" (simply
"writer.write(img)") - this causes IOExceptions. JPEGImageWriteParam or
BMPImageWriteParam should be used and another signature for write()
method. Extended test logic looks quite bulky with all this additions.

 > but you do not check that the saved information actually relates to
the particular image (all of them have a white color and same size)

even in this case we have color check failure for pair
(TYPE_USHORT_565_RGB, TYPE_USHORT_555_RGB). but yes, probably it is
better to use different images for the 1st and 2nd write attempts.

Thanks,
Alexander

On 2/26/2016 6:06 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> Should we also test bmp and jpg? You tested a different BI formats,
> but you do not check that the saved information actually relates to
> the particular image(all of them have a white color and same size). So
> you will not notice if the Writer will write the same(first) image in
> all subsequent calls.
>
> On 25.02.16 18:17, Alexander Stepanov wrote:
>> Sorry, just a reminder.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alexander
>>
>> On 2/12/2016 1:35 PM, Alexander Stepanov wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Could you please review the following fix
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8149558/webrev.00/
>>> for