List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] Review request for 8076545 Text size is twice bigger under Windows L&F on W
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-10-30 19:40:56

In this case round may be better.  ceil() is more for cases where you
needed "at least X amount of room", but I don't think a font size is an
"at least this much" kind of case.

Also, I've been toying with the idea that use of ceil() and floor() in
any DPI-adjustment equations should really be "ceil(val - epsilon)" or
"floor(ceil + epsilon)" for some small value of epsilon chosen just
large enough to prevent various round-off errors from affecting the
outcome.  One idea is for 1/256 as the value of epsilon since that could
equate to the smallest measurable difference in terms of alpha or
interpolation results (or 1/512 for "half the smallest quantum")...

			...jim