List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: JDK-8041900 [macosx] Java forces the use of discr
From:       Sergey Bylokhov <Sergey.Bylokhov () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-08-02 18:58:38

Hi, Denis.
On 27.05.15 18:08, Denis Fokin wrote:
> Hi, Sergey,
>
> Basically, you should close all apps that can switch the vc  including the utility \
> for switching video cards. Make sure in About This Mac -> Displays that the \
> integrated card is enabled. Start an application with the patched version of Java. \
> Check About This Mac -> Displays. Integrated video card should be still active.
These steps are not enough. additionally this should be done also
(tested on Idea/JEdit and some other applications):
  - All old jdk should be removed
  - The patched jdk should be re/installed
  - The application should be reinstalled and to Info.plist these lines
should be added:
     <key>NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching</key>
     <true/>

  - The fix doesn't work for applets, javapanel, javaws, and also with
applications which are running via command line (./bin/java -jar xxx).
Not sure that it can be fixed.
  - It also does not work for some bundled applications which contain
NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching in the Info.plist. Netbeans for
example. This should be investigated. But for now the fix looks fine.

--
Best regards, Sergey.