List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: JDK-8076468 Add @modules to tests in jdk_desktop test group
From:       Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-06-23 6:58:16

On 22/06/2015 16:44, Alexander Kulyakhtin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you, please, review the test-only changes for the JDK-8076468
>
> CR: JDK-8076468 "Add @modules to the tests in jdk_desktop test group"
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8076468/webrev.05/
>
> @modules keywords have been added to the jtreg tests so that the tests can be \
> selected as needed and have access to the restricted API when run with jake.
> The changes have been done by a script based on the jdeps output for every jtreg \
> test.
I skimmed through the patch file and it looks okay to me. I can't
validate that the dependences (and hence the @modules) are correct for
each test but they seem right on a few spot checks.

As regards Phil's comments/questions then I think the most important
thing is to have @modules on the tests that make use of non-exported
APIs. In the future then using @modules for test selection would be
useful too.

-Alan