List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [OpenJDK Rasterizer] Path2d needRoom very slow for huge paths
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-04-27 20:45:43

Change something something blah blah blah?  Phil may know better, but I
believe that the original acronym that gave it its letters wasn't very
accurate so they kept the CCC name and backed off from considering it to
be an acronym, providing some back-filled words on occasion to those who
ask.

CCC is an internal group that makes sure that all inter-dependencies
(mostly SQE and docs) are on board with a given change so that we don't
introduce new capabilities with no plan to document or test them.  Also,
if you ever deprecate something or change its function then other groups
get notified through this process to note how it might affect them.

For changes this small (adding a single new method with a doc comment)
that come with their own tests it is usually just a rubber stamp
process, but when a release is going out the door if there are any new
method signatures that don't have a corresponding approved CCC request
then alarm bells go off... ;)

It is mentioned briefly here on the wiki (question #4), but no clear
description is given (and the linked "review bodies" page is a placeholder):

http://openjdk.java.net/guide/changePlanning.html

			...jim