List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Provide a way to make MultiResolutionImage screen compatible
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-03-30 21:00:08

Hi Sergey,

Slow us down where?

Toolkit images should end up cached in textures loaded onto the video
card in a format that the GPU understands directly, aren't they?

So, are you referring to slowing down in the upload to the texture which
happens only once for a toolkit image?  Or will it somehow cause the
resulting cached uploaded texture to underperform once it is living on
the GPU?  Or are there common operations on Toolkit images where we do
not use a cached texture?

			...jim