List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> Review request for 8029339 Custom MultiResolution image support on Hi
From:       Hendrik Schreiber <hs () tagtraum ! com>
Date:       2015-03-26 16:15:59

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 14:34, Alexander Scherbatiy <alexandr.scherbatiy@oracle.com> \
> wrote:
> Could you review the proposed API based on MultiresolutionImage interface:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/8029339/webrev.06/

Not that it counts much, but to me the proposed API looks good in that it provides us \
with multiple ways to create custom MultiResolutionImages ourselves. Either via \
BaseMultiResolutionImage or by implementing the public MultiResolutionImage interface \
directly.

-hendrik

<slight-rant>
Personally, it irks me a little that we have an MRI, an AbstractMRI, and a BaseMRI \
(that's how you know it's Java code...). Fewer classes would be nice, but I guess one \
can't have it all. At least I don't have a great suggestion how to make this easy for \
developers while at the same time honoring DRY. </slight-rant>