List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review request for first part of 8049757
From:       Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-03 17:34:05

Hello,

Please review my changes for the first patch of a series to come to
cleanup the Xrender Java2D pipeline.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ceisserer/8049757/webrev.00/

This patch removes support for the Jules rasterizer backend, which
relied on a modified version of the native Cairo library.
It has never really left experimental state, and with ongoing work to
improve pisces performance (I really hope Marlin will make it into
OpenJDK9 - https://github.com/bourgesl/marlin-renderer ) and way
better 2D drivers than 2008/2009 removing this code reduces the
codebase of the Xrender pipeline quite a bit (~ 1000 lines removed in
total).

Thank you in advance, Clemens