List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8044740: Convert all JDK versions used in @since tag to 1.n[.n] in jdk rep
From:       Henry Jen <henry.jen () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-06-04 17:52:08

Thanks for all reviewing and feedbacks on core-libs-dev[1], I tried to
respond to feedbacks with this email and send off to other mailing lists.

I am wondering if jdk9-dev is the appropriate list for such a trivious
but broad change, so that we can have one instead of many lists, and we
still probably miss another. Lets follow up this thread on jdk9-dev.

Regarding to whether we should keep JDK, the later convention is 1.#,
and as David pointed out the document also list @since that way, I think
we should settle on that.

For other standards such as SAX or JCE, I propose to convert them to the
version of JDK those APIs are included. To retain that information, we
can introduce a custom tag, perhaps @standard or @conformingTo?

@conformingTo <Standard name> <version>[, <Standard name> <version>]*
For example, @conformingTo SAX 2.0.

Repo wise, I think it's best if I can commit to jdk9/dev as a single
commit instead of scattering to dev and client. But I can cope if this
is absolutely necessary.

Some changes to implementation classes, as I mentioned, only when it is
straightforward. Essentially, I did a s/(@since *)JDK(.*)/\1\2 against
all files.

Some changes not obvious are simply remove tailing space, a (positive)
side effect of the tools I use so I kept them.

Cheers,
Henry

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2014-June/027113.html