List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Merging marlin & pisces rendering engines
From:       Laurent_Bourgès <bourges.laurent () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-30 16:38:26

Phil,

As I work on pisces / marlin for 1 year, marlin is now bigger and contains
many changes vs pisces code base.

I do not know how to proceed: create smaller patches or a big one ...

Moreover I added debugging code to get statistics & monitoring that are
useless I think in jdk.
I added also many system properties to tune marlin settings.

Did you try marlin ? Or look at its code ?

As it is a fork, Marlin code is GPLv2 + CP like openjdk.

Could you have a quick look at its code and give me your first impressions =
?

Thanks for your proposal,
Laurent

Le 30 mai 2014 12:01, "Phil Race" <philip.race@oracle.com> a =C3=A9crit :

> Hi,
>
> If you can generate the webrevs I can host them on cr.openjdk.java.net
> and create bug IDs for them. Is that what you are looking for ?
>
> -phil.
>

> On 5/28/14 11:08 AM, Laurent Bourg=C4=8Ds wrote:
>>

>> Phil,
>>
>> Do you some guys who could help me merging marlin with pisces in jdk9 ?
>>
>> I need help creating small sequential patches as webrevs and also
reviewers.

>> I made the MapDisplay tool to perform regression tests vs pisces:
>> https://github.com/bourgesl/mapbench
>>
>> FYI I released marlin 0.4.4 which is now as fast as ductus according to
my benchmarks:
>> https://github.com/bourgesl/marlin-renderer/releases/latest
>>
>> https://github.com/bourgesl/marlin-renderer/wiki/Benchmarks

https://bourgesl.github.io/marlin-0.5.4/default/compareResults_ductus_marli=