List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR(L): 8024854: Basic changes and files to build the class library on AIX
From:       Sean Mullan <sean.mullan () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-09-26 15:59:18

On 09/16/2013 12:30 PM, Volker Simonis wrote:
> src/share/lib/security/java.security-aix
>
>     - Provide default java.security-aix for AIX.

The login.configuration.provider property should be set to:

sun.security.provider.ConfigFile

See 8016848 for more info.

After you make this change, java.security-aix will be identical to
java.security-linux. It would be nice if you could just use the
java.security-linux file, so that we would have one less file to modify
when making platform-independent changes to the java.security file, but
I understand that might be odd, since AIX is not linux.

Ideally, the content for the java.security-* files needs to be revamped
so there is less duplication across the (now) 5 platform-specific files
but we probably won't have time to get to this for JDK 8.

--Sean