List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Tearing on non-composited X11
From:       Thomas Knight <tom1vuu2011 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-24 14:49:31

Hi,

I'd like to use Swing's rendering and just override paintComponent, but on
Linux without a compositing window manager, there is very regular tearing.

Ideally I'd like this to be remedied for Java 8. I would post a bug report
via the Java website (is there even a JIRA for 2D?), but that system seems
to be a black hole for my resources. (And there seems to be a bug already
in there re:Windows+Direct3D which was never marked as solved.)

Since there are millions of Linux-using PCs with X11 and not necessarily
OpenGL, I think this is an important bug to fix.

I'd like to hear any information about this.

Thanks

Tom