List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Somewhat wonkier Windows problem
From:       Vadim Pakhnushev <vadim.pakhnushev () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-05-24 13:20:09

Hi,

There is a bug filed for exactly this reason:
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8008022

I was building JDK 7 and 8 with DXSDK 2010 for almost a year without any
problems, and I don't see why there should be any, the core DXSDK API
hasn't changed.
The change proposed by David is almost exactly what I was thinking to
implement.
In addition, I think we should make this change in the old build system
as well?

BTW, 2D code is not using DXSDK_LIB_PATH at all, it loads the d3d9.dll
via LoadLibrary.
The only usage of the lib path I've found is javax.sound jsoundds.dll
which links dsound.dll.

And I've checked that we can remove DXSDK dependency at all since all
necessary headers are included in Windows SDK (although officially only
in SDK 8).
But for conservative approach I would use David's change with addition
for old build system.
I hope Phil can add something to this discussion.

Thanks,
Vadim