List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [8] Request for review: 7190349 [macosx] Text (Label) in a JTabbedPane is incor
From:       Phil Race <philip.race () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-05-22 23:20:38

On 5/22/13 3:09 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> Hi, Phil.
> I was under impression that jdk6 use the same java runtime support,
> because it has the same issue and because of this e-mail.
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/macosx-port-dev/2012-November/005156.html

I can't tell (from that email) if shipping JDK 6 for OS X really uses
those APIs,
or if the mentioned re-implementation was just an experiement.
In any case the purpose of inventing them was to expose some non-public
functionality.
So its unclear if the problem is in tha JRS layer itself or something
else underneath.

-phil.