List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [8] Request for review: 8000629 [macosx] Blurry rendering with Java 7 on Retina
From:       Phil Race <philip.race () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-03-29 15:55:32

I've been trying out the patch - using quartz debug, since I don't have
a retina display.
Aside from occasional artifacts in theSwing  controls which may well be
code there
that doesn't handle this case well, the only  pure 2D thing that I
noticed was the
Texture Paint demos in Java2Demo don't seem to handle this well. The
textures
aren't being scaled.

Likely not our problem, rather quartz debug, is that if I switched
whilst quartz debug was running *and* we had the 2D animation running, then
large parts of the display flashed, even after I quit the 2D demo. I had
to quit
quartz debug to get it to stop.

-phil.