List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Xrender bicubic interpolation
From:       linuxhippy () gmail ! com (Clemens Eisserer)
Date:       2012-09-13 18:58:34

Hi,

Unfourtunatly the situation is worse than I expected, currently
xrender doesn't seem to support anything better than billiniar
interpolation.
Because alias-names where used by the pipeline it didn't turn up
sooner (as they are guaranteed to be available, whereas the concrete
filter-implementation-name may change from platform to platform).

Seems at least for now we have to fallback for bicubic, I'll prepare a patch.

Thanks for bringing up this issue!

- Clemens