List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Question about the relation of PrintService	and PrinterJob
From:       patrick () reini ! net (patrick at reini ! net)
Date:       2011-07-20 8:37:53

Hi Phil,

> So you created a PrinterJob, set some properties on that job and
> then a DocPrinterJob and expect
> the job properties to migrate from one to the other ?

No, the first part of code is actually part in vendor software, which
I can not change.

> I would not expect that to work as they are distinct jobs. Moreover
> dpj.print(Doc, PrintJRequestAttributeSet)
> clearly provides the properties such as copies in that second argument.

This fact I'm aware of.

It seems that my explanation was not clear enough, I give it a other try:

The vendor code operates on the PrinterJob and does set the different
parameter as for
example amount of copies and job name as described in my first code part.

The createDocPrintJob() method is then called by the PrinterJob object
on which the
vendor code has set those job parameters before. On my returned
DocPrintJob object
the same PrinterJob instance later calls the method print(Doc,
PrintRequestAttributeSet).

Now, is my DocPrintJob object only aware of those print request
attributes as they are
passed in the print method within the attribute set right? But now the
copies and job
name attributes are now missing.

I would expect that they should be contained in the request attribute
set. My intention
was to write only a additional PrintService...

Regards

Patrick