List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] =?utf-8?q?OpenGL_Pipeline?=
From:       neugens.limasoftware () gmail ! com (=?utf-8?B?bmV1Z2Vucy5saW1hc29mdHdhcmVAZ21haWwuY2
Date:       2011-06-07 10:30:56

I don't get any output on jdk 6 (fedora 15 default one) for some reason.

About the ogl pipeline, when I implemented one (gles - albeit more basic than what \
sun has of course) for aicas I was stuck on a fundamental problem: frequent updates \
to the drawing surface are killing performance more than caching the rendering ops \
and drawing the "frame" from scratch.

In my opinion is a fundamental design problem, and it's true that some drivers \
address this better than others when some specific extension is available, but in \
general all consumer hw is reliably sucking at this :)

Mario
--
Sent from HTC Desire...

pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

http://www.icedrobot.org

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/