List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Reviewer needed - new regression test for checking initialization of OpenGLContextI
From:       ptisnovs () redhat ! com (Pavel Tisnovsky)
Date:       2011-05-11 8:57:52

Phil Race wrote:
> On 5/6/2011 4:35 AM, Pavel Tisnovsky wrote:
>> Phil Race wrote:
>>> I am not sure what value this test adds. There are already plenty of
>>> tests that create a Frame using the OpenGL pipeline.
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> sure there are many tests which uses OpenGL but I can't find any simple
>> test which only check the OpenGLContext initialization.
>
> But since they test it *and* something else I still don't see the point
> of this test.

Ah ok. I always thought that the regression tests have to be written so
they were simple reproducers of a single specific issue. We are using
this regression test in IcedTea as a check if some OpenGL-specific
functions are properly listed in
jdk/make/sun/xawt/mapfile-vers (there were bug in older IcedTea versions).

Cheers
Pavel