List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [Fwd: Need reviewer for change	in	freetypeScaler.c]
From:       omajid () redhat ! com (Omair Majid)
Date:       2011-05-10 22:04:23

Hi,

On 10/07/2010 01:38 PM, Phil Race wrote:
> I suggest that the test only create the output files if some command line
> argument is supplied. In the test harness I am not sure where those would
> end up. The current working directory is not necessarily the same as either
> where the source files or the class files are.
>
> Also this test passes for me with the latest 6 open on Redhat 5.5,
> solaris 10 (sparc) and windows 7 even without your changes!?
>
> I find that very puzzling. My build is not using the system freetype
> (ie even in the RH 5.5 case) so maybe that's it but I can't see how ..
>
> -phil.

Any progress on this?

I see that the freetype2 documentation explicitly states that 26.6 fixed
types are _signed_ [1]. Looking at the headers on my system, I see that
FT_F2Dot14, FT_F26Dot6, and FT_Fixed are all explicitly defined as signed.

Thanks,
Omair

[1]
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-basic_types.html#FT_F26Dot6