List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Fwd: Various fixes to pisces stroke widening code
From:       dlila () redhat ! com (Denis Lila)
Date:       2010-08-10 20:59:14

Hello Jim.

> WRT the difference in the strokepath - as long as it fills correctly
> then I don't think it is out of spec as we only specify that
> BasicStroke returns a path that fills the appropriate pixels.  Is
> their fill area correct?

    Ah. That's why I said I wasn't sure this was a bug. If that's what the
spec says, then it's not a bug, because the fill areas are the same.

> But, it would be a nice thing to have some consistency, and it begs
> the question - is there some error that this alternate stroking technique
> might introduce that we just haven't found yet?  For instance, is it
> robust with respect to winding rules if you overlay 2 such stroked
> objects?  Also, it looks like a simple error in choosing which pairs
> of points to connect when rounding a bend (probably back to the initial
> moveto?).

I was thinking the "problem" was that instead of going to the position of the
last moveTo, we were going to the position of the last moveTo + Offset.
That would explain the difference in the top left, but not the bottom right.
I will have to look at Stroker some more.

Regards,
Denis.