List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Reqeust for Bug 100068 - SunGraphics2D exposes a reference to itself while n
From:       Jim.A.Graham () Sun ! COM (Jim Graham)
Date:       2009-09-25 20:29:57

Sorry, after the flurry of emails here on other topics I just realized
this was getting buried.

The latest changes look good to me.

I just did a "one last grep through the sources" pass and noticed that
X11SD and GDIWindowSD also call getRenderLoops.  They always call it,
though, because they install text pipes that will likely need it.
Perhaps we should check it for null before bothering with the call?  I
looked quickly through and I can't totally vouch for the fact that the
loops are always needed unconditionally, but it did look likely.  Also,
I think we've likely always had an extra call to validate the loops in
there so this is nothing new, but since we never were setting them to
null before we started we never had a way to check "have they been
updated by someone?" before.

I think we could add a quick "if (loops == null) {...}" in those 2
classes and maybe add a comment "// assert(some pipe will always be a
LoopBasedPipe)" to indicate that we aren't checking the types of the
pipes because we think it is always true in case that assumption changes
in the future.  Does that make sense?

(Again, this isn't a new problem - just an opportunity to fix up some
old redundancy.)

			...jim