List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Request for 6879044
From:       Alan.Bateman () Sun ! COM (Alan Bateman)
Date:       2009-09-17 10:08:55

Mandy Chung wrote:
> Here are the new webrevs:
>
> core-libs changes that include java.util.Currency:
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/6882376/webrev.00/
>
>    - Added a new jtreg test
>    - Cleaned up PlatformLogger.java per Alan's feedback.
This looks much better. A couple of additional comments:

I see the lookup of the logging properties is now in a doPrivileged
block - do you need to do the same for the line.separator?

In LoggerProxy, should levelValue and effectiveLevel be volatile?

In JavaLogger.getMethod I see that you return null if the method is not
found. Should it be better to throw an InternalError or AssertionError
here? That is, if java.util.logging is present then something is
seriously wrong is the Logger methods don't exist.

Otherwise, I think I'm okay with this.

-Alan.