List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] What is the offset-field used for in	AATileGenerator.getAlpha?
From:       Jim.A.Graham () Sun ! COM (Jim Graham)
Date:       2009-09-14 6:07:01

It is the offset into the output array of where to put the tile data.
The pseudo-code in the class comments doesn't necessarily ignore it so
much as it passes it as 0 since it needs the data placed into the
beginning of the array and then it immediately processes the data before
getting the next tile.

It will likely be 0 in most circumstances where we tend to handle each
tile of data as it is produced, but the parameter is there in case in
the future someone might want to call a tile generator and have it put
all of the data into a single array big enough to hold all of the tiles
and then batch process all of the tile data all at once (or in larger
batches then once per tile)...

			...jim