List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Still waiting for review
From:       Alexey.Ushakov () Sun ! COM (Alexey Ushakov)
Date:       2008-12-16 0:43:50

Hi Mark,

Here is an update on your fix concerning NPE in jfreechart&jxlayer applet.

After some debugging I've created following minimized test case
reproducing the problem that you faced with. As you can see the problem
was caused by empty clip set to the graphics. So, I'm going to extend
your fix with some additional checks for empty clip at the higher level.
Also, following test can be used as regression one for the fix we're
working on. (It's actually common practice in jdk development to create
regression tests for the fixes)

-------------------------------

public class Main extends JPanel {
    public static int WIDTH=200;
    public static int HEIGHT=200;
        Graphics2D g2 = (Graphics2D)g;
        g2.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING,
                             RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
        g2.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_STROKE_CONTROL,
RenderingHints.VALUE_STROKE_PURE);

        g2.setClip(new Rectangle2D.Double(0, 0,0,0));
        g2.drawLine(0, 0, 100, 100);
    }

        JFrame frame = new JFrame();
        frame.add(new Main());
        frame.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(WIDTH,HEIGHT));
        frame.pack();
        frame.setVisible(true);
    }

}