List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Disabling offscreen pixmaps by default?
From:       Dmitri.Trembovetski () Sun ! COM (Dmitri Trembovetski)
Date:       2008-11-26 20:42:26

   Hi Clemens,

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to disable offscreen pixmaps by default when
> running the X11 pipeline and when the xserver is running locally and
> does not support SHMPIxmaps?

   Yes, we may have to do that.

   It can be done under this bug id:
     6708580: Java applications slow when EXA enabled

   If you would like to contribute the fix, be my guest =)

   We have the code to detect local x server, and whether the
   shared memory pixmaps are available - so should be relatively
   easy to implement..

   Thanks,
     Dmitri