List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Where/Why are X11 errors caught?
From:       Dmitri.Trembovetski () Sun ! COM (Dmitri Trembovetski)
Date:       2008-08-14 19:51:42

   I believe AWT installs their own error handler which traps
   the errors. It should be somewhere in awt_GraphicsEnv.c or
   around there. Look for where they open the display.

   You can install your own handler to override theirs -
   check out how it's done when we detect if shared memory
   extension is available.

   Also, I think there's a compile time flag that you can use
   which enables debug output of X11 errors.

   Thanks,
     Dmitri