List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Questions about the X11 backend
From:       Dmitri.Trembovetski () Sun ! COM (Dmitri Trembovetski)
Date:       2008-05-04 19:18:46

   Phil is right, the pipeline is still being used
   and is the fastest way to render on the framebuffers
   where it is used.

   As for the MITSHM ifdefs, I believe they are there
   for some licensees who might want to build the
   jdk w/o the MITSHM support. Although I would
   not hazard to guess if it even builds w/o MITSHM
   now, I haven't tried in a while.

   Thanks,
     Dmitri