List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] JVM crash in libc pre JDK7
From:       bccheng () google ! com (Ben Cheng)
Date:       2008-02-06 20:09:08

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the extra information.

In the original bug report they claim that the crash can be reproduced with
the "ColorChooser Demo", but it is not the default component when the app
launches. Furthermore, through some manual experiments I found if the VM is
going to crash it usually takes less than 30 seconds.

So I hacked the code to make ColorChooser Demo the default mode when the app
is launched, and add a timer thread which will terminate the app after 30
seconds. Than I just use the following bash loop to run it infinitely:

while true; do java -jar SwingSet2.jar; done

With Java 6 I usually can get a crash within a couple hours. I tried
openjdk7 over the weekend but there was no single crash recorded.

If you want to access my modified SwingSet2.jar I can send it to you in a
private mail so that I won't bloat everyone's inbox.

Thanks,
-Ben