List:       openid-specs
Subject:    Google's proprietary discovery extension?
From:       Andrew Arnott <andrewarnott () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-09 16:58:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

From
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/google_to_announce_major_identity_initiative_for_1.php

OpenID relying parties will need to be redirected from the domain provided
at user login over to Google's OpenID service. In order for this redirect to
happen, all relying parties will need to start looking for a new OpenID
extension that Google has developed and implemented in conjunction with one
relying party technology, JanRain's RPX <http://www.janrain.com/>.

Is this just FUD about Google?  I haven't heard anything about this except
from this one article. And Google's own OpenID for Google
Apps<http://code.google.com/intl/ja/apis/accounts/docs/OpenID.html>page
says nothing about a special extension.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death